That is the most fourteen year old thing I’ve ever heard.
are you kidding me?? that is the smartest thing i’ve ever heard like she literally fooled several adults into giving her the part that kicked off her incredibly successful career as an actress and let’s not pretend any of us were that clever when we were fourteen
When actresses are their characters
ok this is too good to not share because how she reacted was LITERALLY how i reacted, ACCURATE PORTRAYAL OF ME THIS MORNING OKAY Y’ALL DON’T EVEN KNOW. THIS IS WHY I LOVE OUR FANDOM.
note: you guys should check out her other videos, they’re hilarious!
omfg, baddest female CL werkin it
JRE’s reaction to 멘붕 (MTBD) (CL Solo)
karma karma karma is looking for you
what u gonna do when they come to you
karma karma karma is gonna find you
what u gonna do
2NE1 CL - MTBD @ the AON Concert in Seoul
I still can’t get over MTBD and then you drop Dirty Vibe out of nowhere.
R.I.P to me.
Here are some factors to consider:
- CL is listed as neither the producer nor composer of this song - Teddy Park wrote and produced the music whereas CL co-wrote the lyrics. It’s likely that CL may not have been involved in the creation of the song until after the instrumental had already been recorded.
- Several countries with large Muslim populations such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Dubai and Turkey are becoming important international markets for K-pop. In fact, 2NE1 already have a tour date scheduled for Malaysia.
- Less than 0.001% of the Korean population are Muslim (in 2007 the figure was around 35,000 people) and so a degree of lack of awareness of the religion might be understandable.
- Although this is debated, some Muslim scholars believe that music goes against the teachings of Islam. Obviously Muslim K-pop fans would not believe and/or follow this teaching but it could make this use of the Qur’an seem more disrespectful.
- Death threats are never acceptable and should always be condemned. The outpouring of aggressive and threatening abuse is not ok.
- Having said that, many, many Muslim fans are going about protesting this song in a very reasonable and even-handed way. One petition has over 8000 signatures while another has over 2000 signatures so far.
I was not mentally or physically prepared for Dirty Vibe and now my brain is destroyed. Thank you Jack U + CL & GD.
A sand sculpture in a beach in Puri, India, wishes for the well-being of the passengers of a missing Malaysian Airlines flight.
Wherever you are, we hope to see you again.